The League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SymphonicRO Guild

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Changes In Our Actions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Exious

Exious

Changes In Our Actions Empty
PostSubject: Changes In Our Actions   Changes In Our Actions EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:14 am

Ok so we're pretty much caught in this downward spiral. People aren't active because WoE sucks and the only thing to do is the monotonous leveling. By being inactive and letting WoE suck we are thus assisting in killing the server and its population by being apathetic douchebags who aren't trying.

Its not like i can instill motivation into people, but perhaps some food for thought.

So basically if we want to break free from this shit hole there need to be changes obviously.

The fact that someone is trying will matter. If people see that another guild rather than ToD wins WoE it might force people to rethink their decision about leaving the server and give them a reason to be active again.

1. Applications and Recruitment Strategies

I think first thing to do is recruit more members, sure the application is a good thing and ensures we aren't getting any retards or BRs in the guild but, at this moment in time i don't think we have the right or the time to force each potential member to undergo an application process, seeing as it might demotivate them from even considering us. For example, a Wizard; who the fuck cares if he is a complete noob as long as he can Ice Wall and Storm Gust? We don't even have a wizard which Bars us from Bio 3, nameless, precast etc WE NEED A WIZARD.

To add on to what i said above the application process seems to be a bit too liberal. Look at Krawller, you gave him a TON of chances when really it would have been easier to just deny him.

This being said, what does the application process really weed out? People who douchebags and won't listen to constructive criticism from guild members and people who can't speak english. Both of these we can evaluate in the first few minutes of a person joining the guild.

If all of us would just go out of our way to look for a decent looking 2nd class, be nice and talk to them and then invite them, we could potentially get a lot of cool people to join and some useful assets in WoE.

2. Guild Activity

It COULD just be me but, there are a lot of in-actives in the guild unless our play time never overlaps at all. Guild Activity not only means activity of individual players but also inter relations, parties, events etc. The guild hunts for cards were a nice idea, but lets face it. A. You aren't going to get two cards in the time you hunt or B. You're going to keep the card if you get it or even C. You already have the card and you don't benefit from it and you don't even want to do it.

Guild events should be based around something everyone can benefit from, Nameless, bios etc. Places where people can rack up some big exp and people who don't need the exp can benefit from the drops. Everyone wins in the end and people are overall more enthused to go. As said though, the fact that we can't do these things is due to lack of members online and of their variation which could be fixed by Point Number 1.

3. WoE

This sort of falls in Guild Activity but should have a point of its own considering its at a set time and place. It also has an extremely important view of people towards our guild. It would probably help with recruitment if we owned as castle see as how people would be more inclined to join us. There never seems to be many people on for WoE though, I'm no exception because I've had conflicts with my life and the time of WoE which will hopefully be fixed by changing Wednesday WoE time or day. We need more organization in who is going to be on and who isn't as well as how we can compensate for the loss of a person during WoE.

Perhaps an alliance would benefit us, but basically we need enough people on during WoE to make a difference as well as the correct classes. We can't get past the precast if we can't lay down a LP and kill the long range DPS. I would benefit from Devo and Bragi seeing as how i could throw about 6 bombs a second with buffs, thats enough to take out 3-4 people which is a good proportion of a guild's force. So recruitment should be geared into seeing what we need, I'll try to get around to posting a Roster or getting Marissa to update our current one but there are clearly Key Classes we need before we even think about WoEing seriously. Wizard being the first one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not going to rant about everything we could change, i could make a solo bullet point for Organization, Equipment and such but those are implied in the other points.

Organization is a huge key point that would improve all three of those, we log on and sit in pront or level solo etc then make posts on how guild is inactive and how we should help each other but lets face the fact, we all have our own agendas and this isn't a communist society so we aren't rushing to help our neighbors. There are things that can benefit all of us.

Sometimes i hunt owls because not only do they give me good exp but i get feathers to give to people also. The point being I'm not doing it for other people's sake entirely it has a personal benefit, so next time you rush off to kill the highest exp monster think about something that might give a bit less and would help a guild member, i would sure be more than happy to pay for stems and alcohol to make grenade bottles. You make some cash, you help me out, and you get some pretty decent exp. We all win which in the end brings a larger percent gain than you would solo.

Anyways food for thought, i hate to be captain obvious but the server is dieing. no competition during WoE is probably a key factor in this. Since I'm going out on a limb and saying we're number 2 guild, its practically up to us whether or not we can improve competition in WoE which is a factor in keeping the server going population wise and also financially too. Considering no population will stimulate no donations.

If we don't improve shit now, the guild and server just spiral downwards and all your work and efforts mean jack shit in the end when we get the abrupt "cannot connect to server" message.

So thats my take,

Doug
Back to top Go down
ChrisN

PostSubject: Re: Changes In Our Actions   Changes In Our Actions EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:22 am

Sorry I can't play on wednes days but im all for the whole saturday thing.

well i second this idea.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Changes In Our Actions   Changes In Our Actions EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:16 pm

doug you make a damn good point. another thing we could do is if we manage to have enough actives on at once we'll call into main and start taking challengers for pvp. people are beginning to hate ToD and if we show we're a guild to challenge them it'll definitely bring them in. the whole application thing is a way to show this guild is elite and organized, we obviously have neither traits at the moment so suspending applications until later on is an easy thing to do. overall you bring up many important key points and with some luck, teamwork and persistence we'll be able to take down the monster that is ToD. thanks doug
afro
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Changes In Our Actions   Changes In Our Actions EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Doug,

First off,.. fkin ownd guildies. Lol. Nice post and thanks for taking the time to post this.. Idk if you know but i've been sick the past few days. And i ahve actually been guild thinking in my time off from.. everything lol.

Second. About the recruitment thing.. We have changed that. Which is why SniperX, S n p r, are in the guild. I've personally been chatting up 2nd class characters in town private chats but honestly not enough for what we need. Guild activity is fail.. but the BIGGEST problem is... we all play on our own times. And a lot of players are college students.. which is awesome cuz it takes away from the 13 year olds who think they know shit when they don't.. but also takes away from activity. I know we have like half european and half US students and 1 from BR lool. who is actually cool for once. But yes, our activity is spiraling downward. We DO have a few times in a month where we get this random spike of 10-12 people online.. but the next day back down to 4-5. We DO need to recruit more players..

third. Absolutely with the 'guild help' stuff. Everyone is pretty much a capitalist.. *ok dont' get me wrong, i fkin love capitalism.. brings out the personal best in everyone.* however, we need to have more parties that do benefit everyone. And also right again.. we do NOT have the activity to run it. And we need a fkin wiz, which is ridiculous. And i can't go making more accounts or characters. that's just a time-waster. And i'm not going to have someone else do.. Except for possible Danny.. Since he's a fkin bragi loool.. you can dual that shit easy.. at least until we FIND some RANDOM freakin wiz. Until that point, we can use Danny for that stuff, or even Corey. But honestly, we DO need that wiz. Bad. REAL bad.... preferably even having 2.. it's a shame we can't find it.

third cont'd... lol.. Uhh ok. I think i'll make a post, maybe in a few minutes.. although i am in class so idk what I'll do. But we need to have.. let's say.. a time schedule? So we know when we have best beneficial party times. And another thing we could do.. IS since we DO have such a wide division of US/Euro players. Is we could have, let's say, 2 different parties?. now, we probably don't have the manpower to do something like that.. but if we did, it'd be an idea. We need people to get on more.. I don't want you to sacrifice your own lives for the guild. But a lot of people probably have more free time then they're letting on.. lol.. 95% of my free time is on this site or on the server, or even studying builds, skills, guides, w/e, etc.

Honestly doug, great post. you are massively captain obvious, but i really hope people get on here and read this. Otherwise i'll turn into that bitchy guild leader... and nobody wants that.. lol. This needed to be said. Was like a giant white elephant.

here's my personal suggestion.. For the next week. Let's do parties.. even if you lose a whole lot of benefit from not soloing even if you can... let's just build more relationship.. learn how people play... it's really helpful for everything. Parties, woe, etc. i mean fk.. I'm a devo pally.. I can't level worth shit by myself. lol. But i can sure help anyone who wants to lvl with devo.. lol.. Let's do more talking, more partying, more friendship making.. We aren't all really.. close.. we may know each other well.. but we're not a tight-knit guild yet.. and that's what I want.. I think that's really what we need.

Great Post Doug, Kudos.

Riku
Back to top Go down
http://tlguild.omgforum.net
Exious

Exious

PostSubject: Re: Changes In Our Actions   Changes In Our Actions EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:15 am

Well, yesterday went pretty well we got some mvping done with a relatively large party of 6-8 people, we even snagged a bazerald. We have 2 new members who joined us and kept a high number oh later through the day, so it went pretty well

I think our proble now is that with a lot of folks transing we sort of fall short with our overall woe force which is fine for the moment. Once Morris and toe hit creo and a few people get to 90 we will be in good shape for bio 3 and woe overall.

I thought of an idea though that mIght be relatively effective in getting some more guildies and also promoting the server. Start posting on the symphonicro forums, put a TL sig in your account and start up the activity. Bump the guild post and start posting stuff. It would make the server appear more involved and get the name out to new players. I think RMS has a sig maker I can't Check it now because I'm on my phone but I believe they are pretty decent.

Let's not let the apathetic actions of the community kill the server guys.

I'm glad to see people agree with me though I didn't know how much I was going out on a limb

I told chris about the MVP system from an old guild though perhaps points based on activity is a good idea to go with our mini great awakening at the moment. It would give people a reason to do things other than level and collect stuff for themselves . Points added for mvping , woe , vent listening and talking, leeching, nameless and bio parties.

It could start by points for donations and once we build up a treasury we could open it to guildies, it could work.
Back to top Go down
hopeless

PostSubject: Re: Changes In Our Actions   Changes In Our Actions EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 8:54 pm

***Edited because of blatant stupidity.***
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes In Our Actions   Changes In Our Actions Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes In Our Actions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The League :: General-
Jump to: